Space to Grow is bringing about big results on the ground here in Chicago and is part of an exciting national movement for green schoolyards.
Our partners are available for interviews on the issues involved, including child health and learning, environmental benefits and impacts, neighborhood connectivity and more. Space to Grow partners are available to:
- Coordinate interviews with staff experts, program participants and other leaders
- Offer background and topic ideas based on the latest research and trends in green schoolyards
- Provide links to our content, including videos, webinars, photos, original research and blog posts
Space to Grow also hosts events such as community planting days and ribbon-cutting celebrations that are open to the media. If you would like to be notified of upcoming events, please let us know.
To schedule an interview, sign up to hear about events or learn more about Space to Grow, please contact:
- Brandon Hayes of Openlands via email or at 312-863-6260, or
- Abby Callard of Healthy Schools Campaign via email or at 312-419-1810
July 2017 | Salud America!
Chicago Schools Partner with Water Utilities to Green Schoolyards
January 2017 | School Planning and Management Magazine
Schoolyards that Both Students and Communities Enjoy
September 2016 | MWRD Press Release
Space to Grow partners win national Green Infrastructure Award
September 2016 | TedX (VIDEO)
Green, Healthy, Sustainable Schools | Jennifer Seydel | TEDxHerndon
November 2015 | Millennium Reserve
A Place to Play and a “Space to Grow”
June 2, 2015 | The Huffington Post
Green Schoolyards Are a Win for Kids, Communities and the Environment
March 19, 2015 | WaterWorld
Unique partnership awarded for stormwater management, water conservation efforts across IL
February 25, 2015 | WTOP
If you build it, they will play
October 28, 2014 | AustinTalks
New project has Austin school growing green
For additional media coverage of each school, see School Profiles.